Thursday 19 February 2009
Tired of Negativity!
I am so tired of negativity and it especially got right under my skin today. So after thinking about it and talking it over with one of my most positive friends, Josh, I had a brainwave and thusly have made a decision. Every time I hear, think or say anything negative, I will counterbalance it with two positive things. It'll take a while for it to become a proper habit but so long as I try to do it when things are really getting me down, it'll make a big difference. And if I still don't feel positive or even neutral, I'll just keep naming more! Sure its not a fool-proof plan but it'll aid in gaining emotional fitness and I know that given the choice I'd rather be positive than negative. :)
posted by Lucy at 9:43 pm -
2 Comments:
  • At 19 February 2009 at 22:06, Blogger Merlin said…

    Awsome lucy! and remember the greatest feeling in the world is being gratefull =D one more step to emotional 'finesse' and josh knows when to use it rofl XD

     
  • At 24 March 2009 at 19:43, Blogger Jeanne said…

    Every time I hear, think or say anything negative, I will counterbalance it with two positive things.

    Oh, I LOVE that idea! It's tit-for-tat with the mind! Like when your horse steps toward you one step, and you back him up two... thank you for sharing that.

    --wyldehorse63 on Savvy Club Forum

     
Post a Comment
About Me
My name is Lucy Middleton, I'm 17 years old and from the United Kingdom.
I started Parelli in January 2008 and it has been an incredible journey so far.
Pre-Parelli I did the best with what I knew but now I know better; I want to do better!
This is my blog to document my progress as a natural horseman.

Want to 'follow' my blog, fellow blogspotters? Add my url to your list on your dashboard to stay upto date!


View my profile

Lily


    I am owned by this gorgeous piebald cob mare, Lily. She's an interesting character, fun to play with and is a great teacher.

    There's more about her on her own page.
The Philosophy
    It's not about disposable horses; it's about relationships for life.
    It's not about quick fixes and artificial aids, it's about savvy; true understanding and expertise.
    It's not about winning and others losing; It's about win-win: you and the horse need to feel good.
    It's not about me me me; It's about changing the world for horses, becoming a person of knowledge and influence, and sharing what you know.
    It's not about fear and doubt; It's about unconditional love and trust.
    Love for the empowerment of others and trust that you'll never ask the horse to do something that would hurt or diminish his dignity.

    Reveal your horse. Discover your potential. Live your dream.
    -Parelli
Archives
Links
Credits

Profile designed, made and coded by Lucy Parelli Student.