Wednesday 17 December 2008
Today was another good session, I really feel like we're connecting and understanding eachother a lot better. Previously feet have been a bit of an issue but I spent a good 10minutes giving her a leg massage and then she was an angel to pick her hooves out. I then spent some time playing the friendly game with gaining momentum on the rope and throwing it over her head and onto her other side which went nicely. I hoped to move it onto a nice porcupine game by moving the rope around her hind to get her to turn round and change sides but she was too tense and moved away too quickly, it'll save for another play. We sharpened up our zone 5 driving a bit more and I was trying to get her right side as good as her left but it still needs more time spent on it. It's sometimes tough to try and comprehend that what you do on the left side of your horse doesn't transfer onto the right side of them and to not expect that playing will be as great on both sides from the start. We had a few hairy moments where she forgot what back by the tail was and I knew the longer I left her wrong, the more I'd have to do to make it better. I nearly lost my cool because I didn't want another learned behaviour I'd have to undo but that was my old attitude and I quickly adjusted it to 'oh boy!'. Working on emotional fitness is just so tiring, as is making my whole new blog layout from scratch but you're just going to have to hang tight because its not ready yet. :)

Savvy out!
posted by Lucy at 9:43 pm -
2 Comments:
  • At 18 December 2008 at 20:47, Blogger Merlin said…

    oh boy! i love it whens theres stuff to work on!

     
  • At 21 December 2008 at 15:53, Blogger Jo said…

    must be something in the air...Olivia's been testing my emotional fitness a LOT as well !! :P
    glad alls getting better :)

    ps. i like your new blog layout!! doeesss kind of make mine look bad though...watch out for that... ;)

     
Post a Comment
About Me
My name is Lucy Middleton, I'm 17 years old and from the United Kingdom.
I started Parelli in January 2008 and it has been an incredible journey so far.
Pre-Parelli I did the best with what I knew but now I know better; I want to do better!
This is my blog to document my progress as a natural horseman.

Want to 'follow' my blog, fellow blogspotters? Add my url to your list on your dashboard to stay upto date!


View my profile

Lily


    I am owned by this gorgeous piebald cob mare, Lily. She's an interesting character, fun to play with and is a great teacher.

    There's more about her on her own page.
The Philosophy
    It's not about disposable horses; it's about relationships for life.
    It's not about quick fixes and artificial aids, it's about savvy; true understanding and expertise.
    It's not about winning and others losing; It's about win-win: you and the horse need to feel good.
    It's not about me me me; It's about changing the world for horses, becoming a person of knowledge and influence, and sharing what you know.
    It's not about fear and doubt; It's about unconditional love and trust.
    Love for the empowerment of others and trust that you'll never ask the horse to do something that would hurt or diminish his dignity.

    Reveal your horse. Discover your potential. Live your dream.
    -Parelli
Archives
Links
Credits

Profile designed, made and coded by Lucy Parelli Student.