Sunday 14 December 2008
I had a nice session with Lily today, despite the weather. I decided that if her biggest issue is the friendly game, I was going to tackle it head on in the Savvy-est way I knew how.
So we played a variety of friendly games and by the end of the session I could smack the ground behind zone 5 with my Savvy String and her head was low and relaxed. We did play friendly game on the move but she has little tolerance for it sometimes and will walk with her ribs pushed in and her head faced out with her ears back. I thought extreme friendly game in zone 5 would get her to be more receptive and bending the right way around me and it worked. She was funny to begin with, she looked round at me with her ears flat back and prepared to lunge at me so she got a firm phase 3 sideways drive and she looked like the typical 'damn, she knows what I'm plotting!' LBi and ate some humble pie! A little while ago, that would've scared the heck out of me and I would've stopped but I didn't even give it a second thought so that's cool!
I had been thinking about what simulations would help her get more braver when it comes to riding and decided that jumping up and down next to her would be a good desensitiser - I really didn't think about how much it'd wear me out and hurt! It only took 5 minutes for her to be calm on both sides but MAN did that hurt because of my health and lack of physical fitness. I felt like my legs were going to fall off! lol. It was worth it though. Prior Preparation...
posted by Lucy at 12:25 pm -
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me
My name is Lucy Middleton, I'm 17 years old and from the United Kingdom.
I started Parelli in January 2008 and it has been an incredible journey so far.
Pre-Parelli I did the best with what I knew but now I know better; I want to do better!
This is my blog to document my progress as a natural horseman.

Want to 'follow' my blog, fellow blogspotters? Add my url to your list on your dashboard to stay upto date!


View my profile

Lily


    I am owned by this gorgeous piebald cob mare, Lily. She's an interesting character, fun to play with and is a great teacher.

    There's more about her on her own page.
The Philosophy
    It's not about disposable horses; it's about relationships for life.
    It's not about quick fixes and artificial aids, it's about savvy; true understanding and expertise.
    It's not about winning and others losing; It's about win-win: you and the horse need to feel good.
    It's not about me me me; It's about changing the world for horses, becoming a person of knowledge and influence, and sharing what you know.
    It's not about fear and doubt; It's about unconditional love and trust.
    Love for the empowerment of others and trust that you'll never ask the horse to do something that would hurt or diminish his dignity.

    Reveal your horse. Discover your potential. Live your dream.
    -Parelli
Archives
Links
Credits

Profile designed, made and coded by Lucy Parelli Student.