Thursday 9 October 2008
Today I went up just to check up on them as per usual but I took my halters out of the car in the hope that Lily or Benji might want to play. As soon as Lily saw me she was at the gate waiting patiently so I took her out and played the catching game, stick to me on line and at liberty and friendly game on the move. I am so sick of friendly game on the move but to get the heck off of it onto something else I need Lily and Benji to be okay with it. Lily was tolerant, a bit introverted but when we got a nice steady rhythm and pace she licked and chewed, I'd stop and we'd then start again.
If someone were to tell me a few months ago that I'd be able to turn Lily out in a full acre, walk around with her by my side and recatch her without resistance; I would've said they were delusional. So the fact that I was able to and did do so was a nice, short but sweet positive session. :)
posted by Lucy at 7:54 pm -
1 Comments:
  • At 11 October 2008 at 02:55, Blogger Katie Hufton said…

    Dear love,

    I miss you much.
    I read my card and it is AMAZING. Thanks so much for thinking of me and I miss you like crazy. xX We're at Anne (&Blixen)'s place for the weekend and she's got net! ;D I'm going to TRY to blog.. I don't know if I'll have time to but we shall see. If not. I will write an entire novel just for you. :) I haven't read your blog but I LOVE You. Talk to you soon.

    Katieanne.

    PS: DON'T FORGET TO E-MAIL ME. ;)

     
Post a Comment
About Me
My name is Lucy Middleton, I'm 17 years old and from the United Kingdom.
I started Parelli in January 2008 and it has been an incredible journey so far.
Pre-Parelli I did the best with what I knew but now I know better; I want to do better!
This is my blog to document my progress as a natural horseman.

Want to 'follow' my blog, fellow blogspotters? Add my url to your list on your dashboard to stay upto date!


View my profile

Lily


    I am owned by this gorgeous piebald cob mare, Lily. She's an interesting character, fun to play with and is a great teacher.

    There's more about her on her own page.
The Philosophy
    It's not about disposable horses; it's about relationships for life.
    It's not about quick fixes and artificial aids, it's about savvy; true understanding and expertise.
    It's not about winning and others losing; It's about win-win: you and the horse need to feel good.
    It's not about me me me; It's about changing the world for horses, becoming a person of knowledge and influence, and sharing what you know.
    It's not about fear and doubt; It's about unconditional love and trust.
    Love for the empowerment of others and trust that you'll never ask the horse to do something that would hurt or diminish his dignity.

    Reveal your horse. Discover your potential. Live your dream.
    -Parelli
Archives
Links
Credits

Profile designed, made and coded by Lucy Parelli Student.