Thursday 24 July 2008
Lesson with Arran
Arran came over tonight to give me a couple of hours lesson. I wanted him to see how Lily and I were getting on and what needed to be improved. He was so happy with what he saw that we brought her back into the herd which was very interesting to see. To begin with Lily was either wanting to be nowhere near Benji or Lily or was lunging at them with her mouth or feet! So Arran drove them round the field 'til they were move synchronised as a herd.
I then played with Benji whilst he played with Lily on a 45ft line. I showed him the few areas where we were having problems and once he'd shown me what I could do better we were doing sideways without a fence and yielding his FQ 360° using phase 1 and 2. I was absolutely thrilled to bits. Now I think within a few weeks we will be able to submit our groundwork tasks. Although I might hold up a bit until my riding tasks are done too.
After playing with Lily for a bit Arran got on her bareback and walked and trotted her around. She looked very relaxed which is great for Lily. He recommended that I keep up the UDT and friendly game with Lily until my body language is a bit more refined because she's so sensitive. The better I get with Benji, the easier Lily will be which makes sense. I really feel like I'm progressing as a PNH student and that the ponies are beginning to reflect that. All is good! :)
posted by Lucy at 6:14 pm -
2 Comments:
  • At 25 July 2008 at 23:20, Blogger Karie said…

    Ground work for lvl 1 or lvl 2?
    Thats cool that you progressed so much with his help!
    And about Lily, VERY COOL! I cant wait to see you riding her calm, loose and attentive.

     
  • At 26 July 2008 at 11:41, Blogger Lucy said…

    I'd send in vids of ground work for lvl 1. I still haven't had it assessed yet.
    Thanks for the comment, Karie. :)

     
Post a Comment
About Me
My name is Lucy Middleton, I'm 17 years old and from the United Kingdom.
I started Parelli in January 2008 and it has been an incredible journey so far.
Pre-Parelli I did the best with what I knew but now I know better; I want to do better!
This is my blog to document my progress as a natural horseman.

Want to 'follow' my blog, fellow blogspotters? Add my url to your list on your dashboard to stay upto date!


View my profile

Lily


    I am owned by this gorgeous piebald cob mare, Lily. She's an interesting character, fun to play with and is a great teacher.

    There's more about her on her own page.
The Philosophy
    It's not about disposable horses; it's about relationships for life.
    It's not about quick fixes and artificial aids, it's about savvy; true understanding and expertise.
    It's not about winning and others losing; It's about win-win: you and the horse need to feel good.
    It's not about me me me; It's about changing the world for horses, becoming a person of knowledge and influence, and sharing what you know.
    It's not about fear and doubt; It's about unconditional love and trust.
    Love for the empowerment of others and trust that you'll never ask the horse to do something that would hurt or diminish his dignity.

    Reveal your horse. Discover your potential. Live your dream.
    -Parelli
Archives
Links
Credits

Profile designed, made and coded by Lucy Parelli Student.