Tuesday 8 July 2008
I spent most of the afternoon up at the stables today and it was great. Lily caught me no problem and we chilled for ages online. It was sunny and quiet so I thought I'd meditate. Some might say that's not such a good idea with half a ton of horse stood near you whilst you sit cross legged with your eyes closed but I was pretty sure it would have a good effect on Lily seeing as I would be calm and not putting any pressure on her. I was right and very, very few times have I seen Lily fully left-brain but today after about 20minutes of meditation and occasionally feeling her breath on my head or her muzzle against the back of my hand, I opened my eyes to find her stood about 1 metre away from me with her head nearly to the floor, eyes blinking, ears floppy and her breath slow and deep. That was really cool. :)
I've noticed she's not comfortable with the rope touching her at all, her head goes up and her eyes freeze over if I put the rope over her shoulders before I put the ropehalter on so that is definately something we'll need to work on in the future.
She's not getting along with Benji and Molly too well at all, she'd much rather come stand with me even off-line and halterless and if they are stood too close to their shared fence she'll go over, face like thunder and start bickering with them. She got on great with the horses she was in with at Arrans so I wonder what's different. She's never particularly got on well with Molly and they always struggled to figure out which one was the leader and it changed frequently but Benji is boss of his and Molly's herd of two so I wonder where Lily slots in or if they even see her as being part of their herd etc. How interesting!
posted by Lucy at 10:47 pm -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me
My name is Lucy Middleton, I'm 17 years old and from the United Kingdom.
I started Parelli in January 2008 and it has been an incredible journey so far.
Pre-Parelli I did the best with what I knew but now I know better; I want to do better!
This is my blog to document my progress as a natural horseman.

Want to 'follow' my blog, fellow blogspotters? Add my url to your list on your dashboard to stay upto date!


View my profile

Lily


    I am owned by this gorgeous piebald cob mare, Lily. She's an interesting character, fun to play with and is a great teacher.

    There's more about her on her own page.
The Philosophy
    It's not about disposable horses; it's about relationships for life.
    It's not about quick fixes and artificial aids, it's about savvy; true understanding and expertise.
    It's not about winning and others losing; It's about win-win: you and the horse need to feel good.
    It's not about me me me; It's about changing the world for horses, becoming a person of knowledge and influence, and sharing what you know.
    It's not about fear and doubt; It's about unconditional love and trust.
    Love for the empowerment of others and trust that you'll never ask the horse to do something that would hurt or diminish his dignity.

    Reveal your horse. Discover your potential. Live your dream.
    -Parelli
Archives
Links
Credits

Profile designed, made and coded by Lucy Parelli Student.