Monday 23 June 2008
The wind was absolutely mad yesterday so yet another day went by where I hadn't played with Benji. Today as soon as I got out the car he was up by the gate. I caught him without a problem and we had a great session - I felt really connected with him and that he was really tuned in to me. We tried more FQ yields which went better than last time so then I pushed it a little and asked for sideways and I got two sideways steps! Wahoo!
We also did leading by the pinkie which was fun and he's graduated to a 22ft line so we were yo-yoing and he's really getting responsive to phase 1!

When Lily comes home I'll have to concentrate on her for a while to make sure she's on the right tracks so my mum and Ty are going to be having lessons from myself to be able to play with Benji a bit whilst Lily's the focus. I gave my mum a lesson today minus Benji and using simulations and it was funny, hehe.

I've managed to get a second-hand bareback pad for a very reasonable price which is awesome. I can't wait to have a sit and a mosey around with it, it should really help me develop my seat. A lot of SC members ride in a BB and find a saddle too uncomfortable now which is hard to imagine but I haven't ever sat on a BBpad before so we shall see!

"You cannot teach a horse with shouts and expect him to obey a whisper"
posted by Lucy at 9:36 pm -
2 Comments:
  • At 30 June 2008 at 17:34, Blogger Karie said…

    Thats cool about the BB pad. Is it anything like the P one? Ive got one and its nice but its a nylon one.

     
  • At 1 July 2008 at 10:43, Blogger Lucy said…

    It's very similar to the Parelli one but for 1/3 of the price. The company is called Best Friends. :)

     
Post a Comment
About Me
My name is Lucy Middleton, I'm 17 years old and from the United Kingdom.
I started Parelli in January 2008 and it has been an incredible journey so far.
Pre-Parelli I did the best with what I knew but now I know better; I want to do better!
This is my blog to document my progress as a natural horseman.

Want to 'follow' my blog, fellow blogspotters? Add my url to your list on your dashboard to stay upto date!


View my profile

Lily


    I am owned by this gorgeous piebald cob mare, Lily. She's an interesting character, fun to play with and is a great teacher.

    There's more about her on her own page.
The Philosophy
    It's not about disposable horses; it's about relationships for life.
    It's not about quick fixes and artificial aids, it's about savvy; true understanding and expertise.
    It's not about winning and others losing; It's about win-win: you and the horse need to feel good.
    It's not about me me me; It's about changing the world for horses, becoming a person of knowledge and influence, and sharing what you know.
    It's not about fear and doubt; It's about unconditional love and trust.
    Love for the empowerment of others and trust that you'll never ask the horse to do something that would hurt or diminish his dignity.

    Reveal your horse. Discover your potential. Live your dream.
    -Parelli
Archives
Links
Credits

Profile designed, made and coded by Lucy Parelli Student.