Monday 16 June 2008
This isn't going to be a long entry because I'm not feeling too great but I told myself I would try and blog everyday I played with Benji. Today he seemed like he had been feeling very playful for a while before I got up and was tormenting poor Molly who was trying to get an afternoon nap!
He decided he wanted to torment me too by trotting round the field tossing his head around which was funny to watch, very typical LBe and after watching him for a good while I then started asking him to catch me and within 30 seconds of driving he was playing stick with me pretty well so we went to graze inhand for 10 minutes before picking up where we left off last time...
We had a good session which was a lot of games on the move because he was feeling very fresh and he had a fly that wouldn't leave him alone making him antsy. Played a little on our circling game which was very good, especially the disengage and bring-back although he still wouldn't give me two eyes for very long - no biggy. :) After having a good few circuits I then knew I should do some more playing on driving the FQ and we were back to square 1 with it so we spent ages doing that with some nice results. Then to finish I thought we'd do what he finds easiest; yo-yo and he thought I was driving him back to go out on a circle and getting rightbrain so we had a little break after I got him to go back 1 step, he licked and chewed. Asked him to go back again and he panicked and set off on a circle again so I went up the phases until he took the slightest attempt and stopped; he licked and chewed. So then we were back to our normal yo-yo's of phase 1 and near-straight backward steps.

"
Get firm without getting mean or mad" - Pat Parelli
posted by Lucy at 11:54 am -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me
My name is Lucy Middleton, I'm 17 years old and from the United Kingdom.
I started Parelli in January 2008 and it has been an incredible journey so far.
Pre-Parelli I did the best with what I knew but now I know better; I want to do better!
This is my blog to document my progress as a natural horseman.

Want to 'follow' my blog, fellow blogspotters? Add my url to your list on your dashboard to stay upto date!


View my profile

Lily


    I am owned by this gorgeous piebald cob mare, Lily. She's an interesting character, fun to play with and is a great teacher.

    There's more about her on her own page.
The Philosophy
    It's not about disposable horses; it's about relationships for life.
    It's not about quick fixes and artificial aids, it's about savvy; true understanding and expertise.
    It's not about winning and others losing; It's about win-win: you and the horse need to feel good.
    It's not about me me me; It's about changing the world for horses, becoming a person of knowledge and influence, and sharing what you know.
    It's not about fear and doubt; It's about unconditional love and trust.
    Love for the empowerment of others and trust that you'll never ask the horse to do something that would hurt or diminish his dignity.

    Reveal your horse. Discover your potential. Live your dream.
    -Parelli
Archives
Links
Credits

Profile designed, made and coded by Lucy Parelli Student.