Wednesday 21 May 2008
Today we had a nice play, we did point to point so I could get down to the tackroom and put some e45 on his sore little nose and it went really well. I picked up a tip off the SC saying to smooch as the first phase to ask him to get his head up from the grass and he listened. He did his usual hoovering as we moseyed and that's fine aslong as he can eat and move 'til we get to our next spot. I feel that little things like this as in "I say when we stop and when we go" will help him to see me as a leader and so far so good.
We then worked on backing through the gate and I did at phase one, I was absolutely chuffed with that - shame I didn't get it on camera. Ty came along and took a few pictures and one video for me generally playing to see how we're doing, I got all fingers and thumbs when I knew I was being filmed but the vid looks a lot better than I thought it would. I mixed up the games a little to keep Benji's ears pricked and interest on me and it worked for the most part and he did a very nice squeeze game to finish. Hopefully I'll add some of the photos when I've resized them but not the video, not feeling confident enough to get shot-down by the general public yet. haha


Having a cuddle.

Moseying!
posted by Lucy at 8:15 pm -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me
My name is Lucy Middleton, I'm 17 years old and from the United Kingdom.
I started Parelli in January 2008 and it has been an incredible journey so far.
Pre-Parelli I did the best with what I knew but now I know better; I want to do better!
This is my blog to document my progress as a natural horseman.

Want to 'follow' my blog, fellow blogspotters? Add my url to your list on your dashboard to stay upto date!


View my profile

Lily


    I am owned by this gorgeous piebald cob mare, Lily. She's an interesting character, fun to play with and is a great teacher.

    There's more about her on her own page.
The Philosophy
    It's not about disposable horses; it's about relationships for life.
    It's not about quick fixes and artificial aids, it's about savvy; true understanding and expertise.
    It's not about winning and others losing; It's about win-win: you and the horse need to feel good.
    It's not about me me me; It's about changing the world for horses, becoming a person of knowledge and influence, and sharing what you know.
    It's not about fear and doubt; It's about unconditional love and trust.
    Love for the empowerment of others and trust that you'll never ask the horse to do something that would hurt or diminish his dignity.

    Reveal your horse. Discover your potential. Live your dream.
    -Parelli
Archives
Links
Credits

Profile designed, made and coded by Lucy Parelli Student.